Saturday 7 January 2012

Gonna give the fasting a shot!

Yes have decided to fast for 24 hours and see how I go, I will add a 'eat what I want' (within reason) day during the week - which is what's recommended. 

I won't exercise during this either, I might use Sundays as my rest days.  Sundays will also be my weigh in days, so weigh in tomorrow morning!

24 hours may seem quite a while but i've just finished my last meal, which consisted of a big bowl full of vegies...no real sustainability though.  Ideally I should have had protein in there but I couldn't be bothered defrosting some meat.  So bearing in mind that I have eaten a pretty light dinner (and coffee ;) ) I'm pretty sure that I won't quite make the 24 hours.  If I don't, that's ok....maybe I'll make 20 hours or something.

So yes 24 hours from 7pm  tonight to 7pm tomorrow night, which really....I'll be asleep for half of it, then it's jsut a matter of skipping breakfast and skipping lunch.  And if I was the type to skip breaky anyway, then really it's just lunch LOL  Drinking plenty of water in the meantime though.

It's not the first time I've fasted, as a teen/young adult, I used to fast at church, they'd have, what's called a prayer and fast where you replace meals with prayer, and whenever you feel hungry, you'd pray.  And we'd do this as a church every 6 mths or so, so I have done this before, but just not for a very long time.  As long as I haven't been going to that church anymore.

Anyway, I'll document this experiment and  how I go and see if this makes any difference to my overall weigh loss, and on Tuesday when I join the gym I'll be adding a great deal of cardio into my weekly schedule as well (just not on fasting days).

So the fun begins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.