Friday 15 June 2012

For those who are Losing Weight

Let this be a warning to you. 

You are not going to be well supported by those around you.  I don't know why...jealousy maybe?  Or maybe it's because you're no longer putting all your attention on them...rather you're giving yourself your attention now (how dare you)?  I don't know... but no matter how much you need to lose, whether it's 100kg, 50kg or 20kg...it's going to take hard work plenty of motivation, and a whole heap of dedication to do it. 

You're going to have A LOT of support to start with.  You'll have family and friends commenting on your progress with "Well done", "That's awesome", "Keep up the good work" in the beginning.  In the beginning you will have all the support in the world.  Then eventually when people realise it's not just a fad this time...that you're actually serious and actually getting results...not the pissy kilo here and there...but significant life changing results...the support is going to drop off.  Suddenly they're going to go from "Well done"..."That's awesome!" to...."You're looking really good right now, I don't think you need to lose anymore",  "If you lose anymore you're not going to look good",  "Don't you think you've lost enough?" and "You're being a bit obsessed with weightloss aren't you?".

But don't let it get you down and lose your motivation.  Remember your goal!  Remember why you're doing it!  Remember why you started....and think about how good and proud you feel right now!

And most of all remember....


Right now I'm feeling really good about what I've acheived.  I don't need negative nancys putting their spin on it...don't need that and never will.  I'm healthier than I have been in a long time.  I have more energy, I have a bounce in my step and I have more confidence now.  I have not had a cold or flu in over 7 months...this whole year...NOT ONE cold or flu...proving how my immunity has improved since incorporating a healthier lifestyle into my life.  And I can't wait to go to the doctor and have my blood pressure checked and see how much lower it is since the last time.  I can't wait to have the doctor tell me that I'm no longer at risk of diabetes.  I won't apologise for it...I won't.  And neither should any of you!

But if you're reading this...and you've just started losing weight, I just wanted to let you know what may eventually happen to you.  I want you to be forewarned and ready to take your motivation with both hands and run!  And for those who have already lost weight...you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about and may have already been forced to go into secrecy with your weighloss.  You've probably already stopped sharing your acheivements with such people LOL  Sad that you have to do that...but necessary in a world where everyone takes what you do to be a reflection on them somehow.

So let this be a warning to all you weightlosers out there!!!  Soar with the eagles...and don't let the turkeys get you down! :)

Happy Losing you losers!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.