Sunday 17 June 2012

Coming off zoloft cold-turkey update

Well it's been approx. 9 months since I came off the medication. I think it took a good 3 months for it to come out of my system completely.

Since then, I've noticed a few changes.  My moods are more pronounced now, and would have been slowly becoming so over the last 6 months.  So instead of feeling and acting 'meh' about everything I seem to actually feel every emotion...which may come across as moody, especially at that time of month, but obviously that's the 'real' me now, instead of the zombie like exsistence I led before.

Over the 5 years that I was taking them, I feel that they'd done their purpose.  They made me feel rational and able to cope while going through a very hard time in my life and continued that way through any other stress.  With the help of a wonderful man in my life, I am now able to deal with stresses better than I've ever done in the past...without the medication now.

Since stopping the medication I feel I have more energy and motivation for change and seem to be able to stick to things and ride them out - whereas before I seemed to not be bothered.  I also feel I have more confidence too. 

All in all, I didn't really have that many side-effects.  Learning to deal with my moods was and is a challenge, but it's only because it was new and I had to learn about how I deal with stuff again which would challenge anyone.

Glad I did it though - I feel a lot more healthier now, in my body and in my mind.

Life is great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.