Tuesday 26 April 2011

Blocking people.

I frequent a parenting forum.  I am quite tolerant of certain things and I don't offend easily.  I take pride in the fact that I don't block anyone as I feel that I'm mature enough to move past any ill feeling I might have in any particular thread.

But this one person, no matter what, EVERY time she addresses me it's negative.  She disagrees with me and has no qualms in voicing it in a very condescending way.  I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but EVERYTHING???  I know there are some things that we agree on.  I've comment on her threads in a positive manner and I don't get any response whatsoever.  If I see a post of hers that I agree with or that I feel is helpful, I 'thank' her.  But never have I ever been 'thanked' by her. 

I can't help but think that she isn't mature enough to put aside any disagreement we may have in a thread and view my other posts without judging ME as a person.  I don't think she likes ME, rather than not liking some of my opinions.  I'm afraid she's taken it personally and has then decided that she doesn't think much of me at all.

Everyone else I disagree with at least TRIES to understand where I'm coming from but then doesn't seem to spread their misunderstandings onto other threads.  Sometimes they even agree with me...rarely...but they still do and they're not too proud to admit that they agree with me every now and again.  But this one person...can't even seem to do that.  I don't know why.  She's intelligent, she's educated, she seems to have vast knowledge on how humans work...but she just doesn't seem to be able to give me any grace.

And it bothers me.

It bothers me that she can't even bring herself to admit that she might agree with me occasionally.  And it bothers me that she will seem to go out of her way to make sure all know that she is in disagreement with me in certain topics, and that she can't be F'd to try to understand where I'm coming from. 

So....yes I've decided to 'block' her.  The first person I've ever blocked on that forum. 

It may not be forever, but at the moment, I feel very tired and lack in energy and meloncoly and I really can't stand her negativity right now.  It wouldn't be so bad if I had SOME positivity from her, but I don't get any and right now I can't handle that.

So off I go to block this person.  Not happy about it, but I feel that it's a necessary evil unfortunately. :(




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.