Sunday 30 September 2012

The Angels Take Manhattan!



image

Well I've just watched one of the most anticipated episodes of Dr Who for the season.  With all the hype going around about the Pond's departure I was expecting to be like this..


image
image

But I was more like this..

image

Call me heartless but it just didn't grab me this time. 

Oh I know what Moffat was going for and there were some parts there that I'm sure, if the kid's weren't running around and all was quiet and I was able to concentrate...I would have been more like this...

image

All in all, however, the Weeping Angels didn't dissappoint in freaking me out...especially the statue of liberty!

Had me going like this...
image






The Romeo and Juliet reference was not lost on me, but couldn't believe that they were going to go out like that...  I thought they were above that.  And I never really 'believed' in Amy and Rory's relationship in the first place, especially not to the point of not wanting to go on without the other.

image
image
image

But the most heartwrenching part throughout the whole episode was the Doctor's plees for Amy to not look away from the angel and to stay with him.



image

imageimageimage

The reference to the Raggedy Man was a nice touch and took me back to Amy's and the Doctor's earlier relationship.

It was a nice touch to take it back to when she was the 'girl who waited' but they could have played that up a little more though.  But it was still sweet to refer back to that little girl who had so much faith that her Raggedy Man would come for her.

image
image
image

And it is how it ends for Amy but all of Dr Who Fandom is awaiting the intoduction of the Doctor's next companion...




and we will have to wait for the Christmas special now. 

So we'll be waiting for another 3 months for the next installment....

image

He loves to make us wait doesn't he?

image

Till then I stick with my Oswin theory and I guess we'll see if I'm even a little bit right huh? ;)







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.