Friday 22 July 2011

Hair Glorious Hair

All my life I had thick wavy, sometimes frizzy hair.  It might sound nice but it always looked messy unless I scrunched it up with mousse.  Which was fine during the 80's and 90's when big hair was the fashion but now now when sleek and shiny with a little bit of curl is in.

Then came the invention of the hair straightener, well they were probably always around but back in my day they were curling wands and crimpers rather than straighteners.  But enter the straightener and suddenly we had us poor sods spending hours in front of the mirror straightening and restraightening our locks over and over.  For some people with normal to thin hair it's relatively easy but for people like me with thick hair...and lots of it...and not to mention being a busy mum of 6 - I just didn't have to time!!  So straightening was something I did on the odd (very odd) occasion and usually I had help (eg my sisters attacking my hair)

If only there was a way that one could have it permanantly straightened!  You know, like they have the technology to curl straight hair...surly they can work out how to straighten curly hair!

Well they did, but the product stripped your hair and left your hair dry and awful.  Everyone I asked recommended for me NOT to do it.  Even hairdressers, who you'd think would be after the money, never recommended I wreck my hair like that.  Gah!  Come on! 

Then one day, about a year and a half ago, my sister, who had very thick course wavy red hair got hers chemically straightened using the latest in chemicals that didn't wreck your hair!!!

Too good to be true?

Well I watched and I asked her questions all the time.  I waited to see if her hair would eventually become dry and gross.  I waited to see if she would regret it so much that she wished she never did it.  She went on a tour of Europe and came back with her hair looking fabulous even with regrowth it just looked so tame and beautiful.

But it costs a bundle so I started saving and saving to get it done myself and finally my husband gave me the money for my birthday to get it done.

About 2 and a half weeks ago now I went on down and sat for 4 hours at the hairdressers getting my hair chemically straightened and I have to say I LOVE IT!!!!!

My hair is silky and shiny and gorgeous and so so easy to manage.  It actually looks like I've actually brushed my hair!  I don't regret it - not one bit!  It's the best investment I've ever made and I recommend it to anyone!

So if you've thinking about getting your hair chemically straightened - do it!  With the new products out these days they will not wreck your hair and will leave your hair feeling silky and soft and neat and STRAIGHT!!!

Hail to straight hair!!! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.